Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist - Federal and State Court
If you face criminal charges, your choice of a defense attorney is one of the most important decisions you will make. You would not go to a general practice doctor for heart surgery. In the same way, the lawyer who wrote your will or handled the sale of your home may not be the best choice to defend you against a serious criminal accusation.
I am criminal defense attorney Keith Williams. Like doctors, lawyers tend to focus their practice in a particular area of law. I have dedicated my Greenville law practice to defending people who are charged with serious crimes in eastern North Carolina.
I recognize that bad things happen to good people. I have a broad cross-section of clients, including at times professional people like doctors, lawyers and business owners who have been charged with a crime. I know that a criminal conviction carries not only punishment from the judge but also other very serious side effects for your work and life. I will work hard for you to avoid the conviction or otherwise hold down the punishment.
A Criminal Law Specialist
In North Carolina, lawyers are certified as to their experience and training by the Board of Legal Specialization. Only a lawyer who is board-certified in a particular area of law is allowed to call himself a specialist.
I am the only criminal defense lawyer in the Greenville area who is board-certified in both state and federal criminal law. I represent people charged with all types of criminal offenses, including:
- White collar crimes: such as wire fraud, bank fraud, health care fraud, embezzlement, and tax crimes
- Drug offenses: such as conspiracy, trafficking, possession, possession with intent to distribute, and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Sex crimes: such as indecent liberties, rape, enticement, and child pornography
- Firearm charges: such as felon in possession
- Expungements: after your case is done, I can often help you with erasing a charge or a conviction from your record with an expungement.
If you face any type of criminal charges in state or federal court in eastern North Carolina, I offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and discuss your case.
*Super Lawyers is an annual publication with various criteria used to select the lawyers included in the magazine. For further explanation of their review process, please click here